Bill was born in Long Beach, California on January 2, 1961, and he grew up in Essexville, Michigan. He graduated cum laude from the University of Michigan in 1983. He received his juris doctorate from Boston University in 1986. He is licensed to practice in all courts of Massachusetts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts and the 1st Circuit Court of Appeals. Bill is an avid skier who visits British Columbia every year for a week of “heli-skiing” and an enthusiastic sports fan, especially of the Michigan Wolverines. He is married to Jennifer and has a son, Ben, a daughter, Stephanie, and two dogs.
- Massachusetts, 1986
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 1st Circuit, 1997
- B.B.A., cum laude, University of Michigan, 1983
- J.D., Boston University, 1986
- Massachusetts Bar Association