Establishment, Modification and Enforcement of Child Support in Bristol and Plymouth County

Bridgewater, Taunton, and Plymouth divorce attorneys helping parents

Both parents have the right to share in the joys of raising the children. Also you each have serious responsibilities. Child support payments are designed to provide the financial resources necessary to give children the same healthy, happy and productive lives they enjoyed prior to your divorce. Our attorneys at the Studley Law Offices have 38 years of combined experience in family law matters. You can count on our Bridgewater child support lawyer to:

  • Establish child support during divorce proceedings
  • Petition for a child support order for separated parents
  • Determine paternity and subsequently file for child support
  • Modify child support payments if there has been a change in circumstance
  • Enforce child support orders

Massachusetts child support guidelines

The court applies the Massachusetts child support guidelines when establishing financial support for your children. However, the court has the authority to deviate from the guidelines if evidence indicates that it is in your children’s best interests to do so. Our Bridgewater child support lawyers negotiate fair financial payment at mediation — or fight for an equitable judgment at court — that reflects your individual situation and your children’s needs.

Modification of child support

Life takes many twists and turns. A job promotion, lottery winnings or a wise investment can leave you better off than you were when your child support payments were established. Alternatively, an injury, a lost job or a failed business may significantly reduce your income. These changed circumstances may warrant a modification of child support. If you have suffered a financial downturn or the other parent currently earns more money, you can count on our experienced child support lawyers in Plymouth to petition the court to adjust the amount of child support payments.

Enforcement of child support

You rely on the payments made by the other parent to support your children. If the other parent evades this important responsibility, our Plymouth child support lawyers work with the Massachusetts Department of Revenue to enforce your child support order and collect payments in arrears.

Learn more about child support laws in Massachusetts

Consult our experienced lawyers about your child support case in Middleborough, Lake Ville, Taunton, Bridgewater, East Bridgewater, Raynham or Plymouth. For more information, call the Studley Law Offices at 508-923-7207 or 800-640-2889 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.

Contact the Firm


The Studley Law Offices


47 East Grove Street,
Middleborough, Massachusetts 02346